Bat-Sheva




We are all at one time or the other, a bible character in the great book of GOD.
There were many times I found myself in a Lion's den like Daniel, but as I trusted GOD with the lions of my life, HE was faithful to bring me out of that den just as He did with Daniel.
Today, I have found myself strangely looking at the greatest temptation that even the "man after GOD's own heart" was not able to resist - a Batsheba.

Batsheba, was beautiful and attractive, but I always believed she wasn't GOD's best choice for David, I always thought David's best wife was Abigail the widow of Nabal. 

I have always related myself to many characters in the Bible, growing up in the faith, I can always relate to Joseph where the envy of his brothers (because of his big mouth) cost him his home and that time where I was also a Daniel in the Lion's den. But today, I am a David, but unlike David, I am not in the rooftop of my house relaxing while his army is out to war. No! I am actually fighting in the war zone and GOD sent me an ally to help me win my millennia battles but this "ally" is also a Batsheba but no this Batsheba is NOT married (can you see why this test is way harder than King David's?!).
Question:
Why do I call something a Batsheba? Because of the following reasons:
1) It is irresistibly attractive to me
2) I can have it, but it has already been established that is it NOT meant for me
3) It is something very good but it is NOT the very best

The next question would be: How do I (not even a King close to David, just an ordinary human being) resist a Batsheba? Do the following steps below:
1) Tell someone about it, your Pastor or Rabbi, your teacher or mentor anyone you trust
2) Ask for prayers, don't pretend you can easily resist it because you really can't (not on your own)
3) Do not tire of waiting, do not complain, just keep praying, believing and waiting in hopeful expectation for that very BEST - that promise of GOD.

See I am writing this because I really need prayers. Really, it's a mayday situation for any child of GOD to be seeing a Batsheba in front of the battlefields and I thought you could only see a Batsheba when you decide to retire prematurely in your lazy boy chair. But there it is in the middle of a war zone, and I really can't risk my entire life giving in to something that is only good when it is not the VERY BEST. It would cost me a whole lot of peace and save me a lot of family feud, strife and drama. And I don't have all the young energy and vigor to go through the hassle of the "Absalom rebellion treachery" and please I can't waste another 7 years of my life because I've already lost a whole lot of years to the locust.

So today I say, NO Batsheba! Not today and NOT EVER, I will have to pass, because I would rather be alone now than cry me rivers over dead children of mine as payment for my willful sins because I wasn't able to say no to you. Thank you King David, I'm sorry you had to go through all that hell just so I and many others could learn something from your tragic story. Remind me to thank you when I see you in Heaven. Thank You Father, for giving me the power of Your Spirit to resist the devil so he will flee from me!


truthfully yours,










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runaway Heart

The Lessons: On Love and Pride

Spiritual Wars - A Paragraph of Part 3 Chapter 5 of Yiska's life